MD Golf STR40 Superstrong Wedge
- Building on the extensive legacy of the previous STR30 product range, the new for 2022 STR40 Superstrong Collection features a driver, fairway wood, hybrid, putters and the stunning wedge.
- Wedge creation has been the cornerstone of the MD brand since it arrived in the golf industry in the previous Millennium.
- Designers and the creative team of engineers and product specialists have been crafting prototypes of the STR40 wedge for more than two and a half years, concentrating on developing a world class product that is a fit for golfers of all abilities.
- CNC milled grooves and surface roughness on the face combine to offers golfers incredible levels of spin and control around the green, from the sand and on those approach shots from 100 yards and in.
- The right-handed STR40 Wedge comes in lofts of 52°, 56° and 60° of loft and has an RRP of £149 – however MD Golf’s ‘Direct-to-the-golfer’ business model means reduced costs – making the hybrid available for just £99.
- MD Golf enjoys a stellar reptation amongst its customers, helping to generate a 4.9/5 Trust Pilot rating – you can receive your order the very next working day, if ordered by 3pm GMT.
STR40 Superstrong Collection Background
MD Golf entered the golf market back in 1999, founded by two entrepreneurs who played the game together as schoolboys, but found themselves often priced out of top-quality equipment. They wanted to create a brand that looked to solve that problem – build top drawer golf clubs from amazing components but keeping costs low.
Growing up on the tight lies of the Northern Irish links courses, the two friends were always trying to outdo each other with outrageous chips, pitches, flops and all manner of creative shot-making around the green, spending hours honing their techniques – so it should come as no surprise that creating amazing wedges is one of their favourite parts of the business.
MD Golf enlisted the help of Norman Drew, the first golfer to play in the Walker Cup, Ruder Cup and Canada Cup, and his NV Drew Players wedge is back by popular demand for 2022. However, additional inspiration for wedge design came from another brand ambassador – the late, great Seve Ballesteros, a five-time Major winner who worked with MD in 2008 until his sad and untimely death in 2011.
Explaining to the two founders why he was so impressed with MD, Seve highlighted his own childhood and the difficulties he had in trying to source golf clubs to help improve, because they were so expensive.
The MD brand ethos of quality clubs at a price the ‘man on the street could afford’ – as Seve put it – was one of the clinching factors in the Spaniard coming on board 13 years ago, and his passion for a masterful short game lives on in the MD Golf design and R&D team today.
The STR40 range was preceded by the STR30, STR20 and STR10, with improvements made to each collection through the years – and with our commitment to amazing customer service, you can receive your order the very next working day, if ordered by 3pm GMT.
INFORMATION: The wedges are available in an impressive Gun Metal Finish, right-hand only, and are priced at £60 each. The 52° and 60° wedges feature 8° of bounce, while the 56 comes with 11° bounce.